This is a first in a series of head-to head comparisons between a single serving of Shakeology meal replacement shake and some common food items. The winner will be determined by the three C’s—calories, content, and cost. As we progress, you’ll see that gram per gram, and dollar per dollar, Shakeology demolishes just about anything out there that is edible. Its potent blend of superfoods such as Açai, quinoa, sacha inchi, goji berry, camu-camu, ashwagandha, pomagranate, grape seed, green tea, and yacon root cannot be beat.
The first contender is the ubiquitous McDonald’s Hamburger Happy Meal with a small soft drink. Really, it’s not even close. If I had substituted a Big Mac or Chicken Nuggets, the comparison would have been even uglier for Micky D’s because the calories and fat content are off the charts. The only thing the Happy Meal has going for it is its cheapness. But, what are you really paying for—630 nutrition-free calories, 20 g of fat, and a whopping 690 mg of sodium? It would have been healthier and possibly more nutritious to just eat the wrapper it came in. Since I’m feeling a little wicked, I’m going to share a time lapse video of what happens to a McDonald’s hamburger and french fries after being left in the open for over 180 days.
If you’re too busy to watch the video, here’s a full synopsis: nothing. That’s right, neither decayed, decomposed, went rancid, got moldy, or did anything that real food should do after being exposed to air for over six months. The burger and french fries self embalmed. I don’t even want to know what kind of stuff is in these food items that could be giving them such freakish durability. I have driven cars that are less resilient than a McDonald’s hamburger. If you want to put that kind of stuff in your body or the body of a loved one, be my guest.
Otherwise, do something really good for yourself.
By the way, my kids love their Shakeology smoothies and ask for it all the time. As a mom, I feel so much better giving them Shakeology than anything that I can buy at a fast food window. It’s cheaper and faster and WAY more nutritious.
You Might Like My Other Shakeology Related Posts
- Shakeology can curb your cravings for junk food. Check out this post about how it eliminated my desire to eat chocolate truffles.
- To read my post about the reformulated Superfood Chocolate Shakeology flavor, follow this link.
- I wrote about Vegan Chocolate Shakeology here, and Vegan Tropical Strawberry Shakeology here.
- Shakeology stops my cravings for chocolate truffles, and this lady’s cravings for sugary cereals. Watch the video here.
- Wondering if you should take Shakeology with multivitamins and supplements, read this article.
- I discuss in detail all of Shakeology’s benefits in this post.
- In another post, Kristin talks about how Shakeology allowed her to toss away her medications for her digestive problems.
- Watch a cool video about how Doctors are loving Shakeology and recommending it to their patients.
- Shakeology’s ingredients are grown and harvested around the world. This video reveals it all.
- I also compared Shakeology to a popular beverage from Starbucks.
- Daren Olien, the creator Shakeology, discusses how he partnered with Beachbody in this article. Read Part 2 of the Birth of Shakeology here.
- Check out out how Shakeology can help you with digestion with its prebiotics.
Enjoy healthy nutrition RISK FREE for 30 days with Beachbody's "Bottom-of-the-Bag" Guarantee. That means, if you don't feel healthier, more energized, and simply amazing, you won't pay. You can return Shakeology for any reason and get your money back (less S&H) even if the bag is empty!
Click the link below to try Tropical Strawberry Vegan Shakeology. Shakeology is not sold in stores and is only available from a Team BeachBody coach or directly through Team BeachBody.
Remember to order using the "HD" (Home Direct) option when you check out. You'll receive FREE standard shipping with Home Direct.