Ready to start eating your way across that phytonutrient rainbow? Here’s a great summer salad that’s crazy with antioxidants. What’s more, the rice and beans make it a complete source of protein.
So instead of goin’ all meat-and-potatoes on your gut, try one of these delicious recipes to transition back into a healthy, long term eating pattern.
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 15 oz. black beans, low-sodium
- 1 medium orange, chopped
- 1 fresh mango, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine rice, beans, orange, mango, tomato, jalapeño, bell pepper, green onion, and lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Add vinegar, orange juice, and salad dressing. Toss gently to blend.
- Serve immediately.
Canned or homemade beans can be used.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
|410||6 g||1 g||0 mg||272 mg||77 g||16 g||10 g||15 g|