I love fresh herbs! The best thing to do with them? Put those gorgeous herbs in a big bowl and eat them! This fragrant combination of greens makes a fabulous salad. You can eat it as is or serve it with just about any main dish. One of the myriad flavors within is bound to complement just about anything you serve alongside it.
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup sliced fennel
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 1 tsp. chopped chives (optional)
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Combine parsley, basil, mint, fennel, dill, chives, lettuce, spinach, carrot, and celery in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, and oregano, if desired.
- To serve salad, combine greens, salad dressing, and cilantro; toss gently to blend.
The greens can be combined ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator in a resealable plastic bag. This salad can be served with added protein such as hard-boiled eggs, grilled chicken or fish, cooked beans, or sunflower seeds.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
Calories Fat Saturated Fat Cholesterol Sodium Carbs Fiber Sugar Protein 159 14 g 2 g 0g 72 mg 9 g 4 g 2 g 2 g