What better way to feed your inner child than with a good old-fashioned school lunch favorite like chicken fingers. Wait a minute, what are we saying? Those things were disgusting, fried, additive-and-filler-packed ground chicken parts. No thanks!
Beachbody’s resident lunch lady (and registered dietician), Ani Aratounians, has transformed those polluted poultry parts into delicious, healthy fare. Well done, Ani. You just earned an A+!
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko® bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine honey, Dijon mustard, and rice vinegar in small bowl; mix well and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Place eggs and water in medium shallow bowl; beat lightly.
- Soak chicken pieces in egg mixture; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, almonds, sea salt, and black pepper in large resealable plastic bag and shake to combine.
- Working with a few pieces at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bag containing bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with prepared honey mustard dipping sauce.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
|300||11 g||154 mg||508 mg||19 g||2 g||5 g||31 g|