Like most people in the developed world today, you’re probably the on-the-go type. So in your honor, this week, we’re offering a great granola recipe that works as breakfast or an on-the-go snack. Now go get ’em!
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or 100% pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, dried, unsweetened apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat honey and oil in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until oil has melted. Add extract; set aside.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Combine oat mixture and honey mixture, stirring until oats are evenly coated with honey.
- Place on prepared baking pan, spreading in a thin, even layer.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola is light golden brown and crunchy.
- Cool granola completely (it will get crunchier as it cools).
- Add apples, raisins, and walnuts; mix well.
Tips: Other healthy additions include unsweetened shredded coconut, sulfate-free dried apricots, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, dried unsweetened berries, hemp seeds, etc. You can store cold granola in an airtight container for up to a week.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
|81||5 g||3 g||0 g||38 mg||10 g||1 g||7 g||1 g|